So.. Halloween madness is coming to the end..
Another special in ''spookiness'' theme.. I saw this great recipe, well when I say recipe it's actually just when you put things together not strictly following what to put next or how many table/teaspoons you need.
1 cup pumpkin puree (nowhere to find this beauty so I used Apricot jam)
1/4 cup sugar
1 package refrigerated pie crust
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup (you can use any syrup you have)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, and egg.
- Unroll pie crusts, cut the edges off to make a large square, then cut the pie crust into three equal rectangles (the size I've done I thought it was too big and I could've made it smaller)
- Spoon a small amount of pumpkin mixture into the center of one of the rectangles, taking care to not let the filling ooze near the edges. Use a small paring knife to carve jack-o-lantern faces into a second rectangle. Gently lay the carved piece over the pumpkin filling, then press the edges firmly together with a fork.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or just until the edges of the poptart begin to turn golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla. Drizzle glaze over hot pumpkin poptarts. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Call it fast and furious with a happy face and enjoy! :)