Now there's a tip for you all - if you really really want Father Christmas to come down that chimney you've got to leave some cookies for him, preferably chocolate cookies. Maybe chocolate chunk cookies? But what about Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies???
Martha Stewart's recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, 4 ounces coarsely chopped, 4 ounces cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Melt coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop batter using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes.
- Wait for the cookies to cool down.
- Eat!!! :)
Check out more on Santa's letter box
Before putting into the oven I decorated cookies with some sugar sprinkles. They don't melt :)
My friend Jurgita recommended this recipe as she already made 2 lots :) well, by the time I'm writing this it might be 3 already as they are as yummy as they sound and who could blame her?
|Our Christmas Tree|
Happy Baking with photo sprinkles