I always wanted to make American style pancakes - thick and fluffy and this morning was just the day to try them. I found two recipes which were almost the same only one was with plain flour and baking powder and the other with self-raising flour. I tried the second one and I was just a little bit dissapointed with the results although pancakes were very nice.
- 135g/4¾oz plain flour (or self-raising but no baking powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml/4½fl oz milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, milk and egg, and mix thoroughly
- Put a little bit oil to a hot pan, add a ladle of batter (or two)
- Serve with maple syrup and fruits
And this one is my version of the work that my coleagues are sweating on...
Happy Pancake eating on Sunday morning!